Are All Vitamins the Same?
Aren’t all vitamins the same? Why can’t I just get the cheap ones? Don’t they all do the same thing? These are very good questions and ones that we frequently hear, so I put together this chart to show you the difference in vitamins that you may be purchasing.
The Three Types of Vitamins:
- Test Tube or Synthetic (Usual drug store or discount store vitamins)–made in a test tube in a lab, to resemble the real thing. This is toxic to the body and does more harm than good.
**Imagine a Plastic Lemon from the store with juice in it. This type is the Plastic lemon with NO juice. That is basically what you are eating if you take these.
- No enzymes
- Inorganic substances
- Side effects
- Can actually be more harmful to your health to take!
2. Crystalline or Extracted (**Usual health food store variety)–these start out natural, but are heated through the processing, so all live enzymes are killed. You end up with a partially live vitamin, if live at all. Most of these have harsh binders and fillers, plastic coatings, and some contain tar.
**This is the Plastic Lemon with juice. IF you can get past the plastic coating, there is a little bit of real stuff in there. However, the juice has been heated so it’s not really like drinking it fresh squeezed.
- Weak enzymes
- Uses chemical and heat extraction
- Organic substances (low quality raw materials)
- Harsh binder and fillers
3. Natural / Unaltered (**Shaklee food supplements and other whole food supplements)–Cold pressed to extract the vitamins, all enzymes remain alive so you get something as close to nature as possible
**This is the REAL lemon…unaltered and fresh. What’s inside is alive and natural.
- Strong enzymatic action
- Low heat, low pressure process
- Organic substances
- Feeds and improves cell’s health
- Contains essential unknown nutrients
**X brands need only 10% natural ingredients to legally be classified as “All-Natural.” Shaklee food supplements are 100% natural!